Dating apps will always be popular among users and can provide good profits. Tinder is a good example in this respect – its popularity has not declined for many years running.
It may seem that the dating market is overcrowded, and there is no place for newbies here. That is actually not the case, as much depends on what market you are looking to – the general one or some specific segment of the target audience. Currently, we can call niche projects the most promising ones. Users long for new emotions, and they want to use apps that are interesting specifically to them.
- 60% of people aged 18 to 30 used a dating website or app at least once;
- almost 80% of users for this type of apps are millennials;
- the dating app market is estimated at about $3 billion;
- the global dating market is growing at 7 to 9% annually;
- about half of all Internet users are not married, meaning they belong to a potential target audience.
In this article, we will consider some important peculiarities of mobile dating app development. We hope it will come in handy for you in case you decide to create a similar product.
What Features a Dating App Should Include
The list of available features can be very large, but it is always important to start with the most necessary ones. This approach (creating an MVP) will allow you to start faster and get feedback from real users. Based on this principle, we can highlight the following functions, which we can call basic for a product in such a niche.
- The registration/authorization mechanism. This feature can be implemented either through common email or using Facebook, as well as any other social network. Do not forget to take care of security measures, as it is one of the most serious problems nowadays. Continue reading How to Create a Dating App: Features, Monetizing and Useful Tips